- Minara Resources criticises resource rent tax
- Perhaps a good measure of just how attractive mine...
- Gary Morgan's disdain for the Resource Rent Tax
- Understanding the proposed Resource Rent Tax
- Resource Rent Tax to slow growth
- Tax grap prompts WA secession talk
- Rudd election promises are paid by persecuting min...
- Miners adopting wrong argument over resource rent ...
- Rudd's right to collect 'resource rent'
- Bankers and miners behaving like children
- The ethics of a Resource Rent Tax
- Rudd is a model comrade for China
- Placing your trust in govt and mining CEOs
- Global tax rates by type
- Ruddy deceit will increase sovereign risk
- Unfairness of tax system
- Kevin Rudd - the opportunistic tax parasite
- ▼ May (17)
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
This article by the SMH highlights some of the mining industry response to the Rudd government's resource rent tax. Minara Resources is threatening to move investment offshore, and says it will pay a 58% tax rate on its profits. This of course far exceeds other nations and industries.
The Canadian government has welcomed the Australian move to higher tax rates as it moves in the opposite direction.
’Global Warming Misconceptions - View the table of contents!Global Warming Misconceptions - Download the table of contents or buy this report at our online store for just $US9.95.