- Minara Resources criticises resource rent tax
- Perhaps a good measure of just how attractive mine...
- Gary Morgan's disdain for the Resource Rent Tax
- Understanding the proposed Resource Rent Tax
- Resource Rent Tax to slow growth
- Tax grap prompts WA secession talk
- Rudd election promises are paid by persecuting min...
- Miners adopting wrong argument over resource rent ...
- Rudd's right to collect 'resource rent'
- Bankers and miners behaving like children
- The ethics of a Resource Rent Tax
- Rudd is a model comrade for China
- Placing your trust in govt and mining CEOs
- Global tax rates by type
- Ruddy deceit will increase sovereign risk
- Unfairness of tax system
- Kevin Rudd - the opportunistic tax parasite
- ▼ May (17)
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
As much as I share Gary Morgan's disdain for the Resource Rent Tax, I agree with the ASX that his political views as expressed through the ASX were legitimately 'censored'. It is not a restriction of free speech, it is a quality control requirement. He ought to highlight scientific evidence or render philosophical deductive analytical inferences to support his views. Fortunately, the role of this site is to provide philosophical justifications for why this tax is illegitimate.
Partly the reason why media and political commentary is so bad is that participants do not recognise reason as the standard of value. It is easy to get emotive about such issues, but at the end of the day opinions have to be substantiated. The argument that the mining industry is going to be injured by this policy can be argued in terms of:
1. Pragmatic loss of money
2. Ethical or philosophical terms
I find the first solely relied upon by the miners, when in fact the ASX is looking for the later. That is what we have attempted to do on this website. We will provide more subject to the miners interest.
Full story at SMH Online.
’Global Warming Misconceptions - View the table of contents!Global Warming Misconceptions - Download the table of contents or buy this report at our online store for just $US9.95.