"It's very difficult talking to Treasury officials who don’t really have non-theoretical concepts [of how the mining industry works]."
- Rudd is gone! Long live the Queen.
- Is the media biased on the Resource Rent Tax issue...
- Who is affected by Rudd's tax
- Kevin Rudd has no empathy for taxpayers
- Rudd selective with the facts
- Governments ought not be quasi-equity partners
- When philanthropy is a dangerous concept
- Hogan's moral rights swept aside
- Dr Ross Garnaut's views on the Resource Rent Tax
- Wesfarmers joins RRT opposition
- Strategy for mining industry - part 2
- Oppose the Resource Rent Tax
- Rudd to make concessions
- The anatomy of a tax cheat
- Replies to common misconceptions about RRT
- High Court action not the next step - ask the GG
- Open Letter to the Governor General
- Greatest wealth expropriation coming
- What ought the mining industry do on the RRT
- Non-conceptual mining industry a problem
- Peak mining body ready compromising
- Teele raises sovereign risk issue
- Mining industry is not prepared for the RRT battle...
- The problem with lobbyists
- Miners cancelling projects by the dozen
- ▼ June (25)
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
The problem in the mining industry becomes ever-more apparent with the following quote by Gina Rinehart, of Hancock Prospecting. Forrest is right to imply that they are communists (or fascists), but listen to her struggle with concepts...
Concepts are theoretical. I don't think its a case of the Treasury not understanding mining. I think government has been moving in this direction for years...the mining industry is so concrete-bound that it is only waking up to the problem because the Resource Rent Tax is being considered. This is not the first imposition...it was not long ago that the government was looking to impose a 'green tax' based on the greenhouse scandal. That issue will probably slowly disappear with the recession....as science shows the global warming was always a natural phenomenon.
We need to get the mining industry thinking more conceptually...and long range. It starts with business, as they are really the defenders of freedom in the Western world.
’Global Warming Misconceptions - View the table of contents!Global Warming Misconceptions - Download the table of contents or buy this report at our online store for just $US9.95.